Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Out with the old cars, in with the new SUV

On Monday July 19th we purchased our first family SUV! We bought a 2006 Chevy Trailblazer.
It took us about 2 months to find the right SUV for us. We were stuck on buying a SUV instead of another car or van and we were picky that is why it took us so long. Plus we got an amazing deal on it which is even better! Car shopping in 90 degrees with a little baby is not the most fun but it was neat to see all the different types of SUV s out there and test drive some.
The Trailblazer is also my 1st year wedding anniversary present to Kevin and his to me! SUVs aren't cheap, ya know!

Here is a few pictures of our new SUV!




Yes Alexis is in the front seat..we were just transferring stuff!




We traded in Kevin's 2000 Saturn which was really hard to say good-bye to. He's had it for 7 years! 5 of those years I've been around the Saturn. We made many trips in that Saturn and had so many good laughs. It was such a safe feeling car when you drove it..every one knows Kevin made ALOT of trips back and forth to Green Bay and LaCrosse the year we were engaged and he was back working at News Channel 8. I remember the trip he came up to Green Bay and his antenna was broken in half because a bird hit it on HWY 21! He had a little Packer smiley face on it and it was gone. Of course when it was time to leave with our new SUV and say bye to the Saturn I started to cry :( It will truly be missed.


We also got rid of my first car. 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix. My brother, Evan now has it, so at least it is still in the family. I had the car for 4 years and was a very good car! I loved it! Minus the rusted out bottom. I hope the car is just as good for Evan as it was for me. The Grand Prix will be missed just as much..of course I think I will miss it a little more then Kevin will.

No comments:

Post a Comment